Saturday, August 4, 2012

Angel Eyes

My 2006 BMW 300xi recently had its passenger side Angel Eye parking light go out.  I asked one of the local shops for a quote on replacement and it was over $100 (just for one side) so I decided I'd do it myself.  I searched online and found the LED-BMW-Angel-Eyes-S9 from ijdmtoy.com for a little under $60.

Replacement was rather straight forward, as they have a video on the website on how to do it.  It includes removing the wheel completely to be able to access the bulbs.  It took me about 40 minutes, as I've never done this before - this was for both wheels since I replaced both driver side and passenger bulbs.

They look fantastic and do not cause an onboard computer error because they're fully compatible.  I did have one go out the other night for a little bit while parking, but it's been rather hot here in Chicago lately.  It came back on after a few minutes and i haven't had a problem since, so I'd fully recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment